66th Annual Safety Conference & Symposium
When : October 17, 2018
Who : Abbie White & Doug Jenks
Time : 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
What : 66th Annual Safety Conference & Symposium
Where : Sinclair Conference Center, 444 W. Third St., Building 12, Dayton, OH 45402
Join us for the 66th Annual Dayton/Miami Valley Safety Council Safety Conference & Symposium. Conference benefits include:
- 16 regional and nationally recognized speakers provide education and training opportunities for a wide variety of businesses;
- Learn about potential workplace hazards and safe workplace practices;
- Networking opportunities and exhibitor showcase;
- One credit for Dayton/Miami Valley Safety Council members toward the Ohio BWC's Safety Rebate Program;
- Credit for 2 hour BWC Group Rating Safety Requirement*;
- One external training credit for non Dayton/Miami Valley Safety Council member BWC's Safety Rebate Program participants.
*Must request certificate for credit.
Join Abbie White, attorney with Auman, Mahan and Furry, as she reviews OSHA recordkeeping requirements at a high level. This session will cover requirements for completing OSHA's recordkeeping forms, recording injuries/illnesses and much more, including: training records, records for competent persons, determining the integrity of walking and working surfaces, et.
Safety in Ohio workplaces is governed by federal OSHA standards and the Ohio specific safety requirements. Doug Jenks, attorney with Auman, Mahan, and Furry, will discuss the Ohio specific safety requirements and their enforcement, and also describe how they are similar and different from the OSHA standards