Douglas S. Jenks
Doug Jenks is a director with Auman, Mahan & Furry. He represents employers in industrial accidents, focusing on workers' compensation and OSHA defense. He also handles general business litigation and insurance defense claims.
Doug represents clients before the Ohio Industrial Commission, Common Pleas Courts, Courts of Appeals, and the Ohio Supreme Court. He is also admitted to and has practiced before the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio and the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
Doug is a member of the Ohio and Dayton Bar Associations, and is Chair of the Dayton Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Committee. He speaks to industry groups regarding workers’ compensation and OSHA matters, and presents at various continuing legal education seminars. Doug also writes and publishes articles on these topics. He has been recognized as an Ohio Super Lawyer.
Doug is a native of Dayton, Ohio. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Wittenberg University, a Master of Arts degree from Duquesne University, and a law degree from the University of Dayton. He is a member of Leadership Dayton and is the President of the Board of Trustees at the Miami Valley School.
- Claims Management: Working with your TPA to Control Workers' Compensation Costs. Presented to the Ohio Roofing Contractors Association Annual Conference, February 2019.
- News You Can Use: Critical Developments in OSHA and Ohio Workers' Compensation. Presented to the Miami Valley Human Resources Council, December 2018.
- OSHA Requirements for General Worksite Safety. Webinar Presented to the Insulation Contractors Association of America, November 2018.
- Construction Contractors Beware: OSHA’s Electronic Record Keeping Requirements Change Again; OSHA’s Increasing Ad Hoc Use of the General Duty Clause; and Post-Accident Drug Testing – Banned or Not-banned? Presented to the Miami Valley Construction Summit, November 2018.
- Navigating Ohio Specific Safety Requirements: Everything Employers Should Know but Are Afraid to Ask! Presented to the 66th Annual Safety Conference and Symposium, October 2018.
- Legal Anatomy of a Trenching Disaster: BWC, VSSRs, OSHA, and PERRP. Presented at the Montgomery County and Greene County Trenching Safety Stand Down, October 2018.
- Work Injury Reporting, Investigation, and Adjudication. Presented to the Dayton Chamber of Commerce Safety Council, June 2018.
- 4th and 10: OSHA and the NFL. Presented to the Dayton Bar Association, April 2018.
- Manufacturing in the Miami Valley. Panel Discussion presenter for the Miami Valley Human Resources Association and the Dayton Regional Manufacturing Association, February 2018.
- Employment Law Update 2017. Presented to the Midwest Insulation Contractors Association meeting in San Antonio, January 2018.
- New OSHA Silica Standard. Webinar Presented to the Insulation Contractors Association of America, November 2017.
- OSHA Update: Electronic Record Keeping, Anti-Retaliation, and Silica. Presented to the Miami Valley Construction Summit, November 2017.
- Evaluating a Workers’ Compensation Claim: Injuries, Hearings, and Premiums. Presented to the Miami Valley Safety Conference & Symposium, October 2017.
- Dos and Don’ts in Contracting with Subs: Avoid OSHA Liability for Other Contractors Violations of OSHA Standards. Panel Discussion before the Midwest Roofing Contractors Association meeting in St. Louis, September 2017.
- Breathe Deep (or not!): Marijuana, Cigarettes, and E-Cigarettes at Work. Presented to the Midwest Roofing Contractors Association meeting in St. Louis, September 2017.
- OSHA Update and Review: Fines, Electronic Reporting, Silica, General Industry Standard Changes. Presented to the Midwest Insulation Contractors Association Annual Meeting in San Diego, June 2017.
- Employment Law Update. Presented to the Midwest Roofing Contractors Association meeting in Fontana, Wisconsin, June 2017.
- Don’t Make it Worse: How to Limit Liability from Work Injuries. Presented to the Miami Valley Construction Summit, November 2016.
- Industrial Commission Hearings: How to Win Friends and Influence People. Presented to the National Business Association, November 2016.
- Workers' Compensation: Work Injuries Big and Small. Presented to the Ohio Water Well Drillers Association, November 2016.
- Workers Compensation: Controlling Liability through Careful Investigation and Documentation. Presented to the Workplace Issues in Changing Times seminar, October 2016.
- Workers’ Compensation Coverage Beyond Ohio. Presented to the Miami Valley Construction Summit, November 2015.
- OSHA Whistleblower Procedures. Presented to the Miami Valley Safety Conference & Symposium, October 2015.
- How Employers View Safety Enforcement. Panel Discussion Moderator, Miami Valley Safety Council, October 2015.
- Workers Compensation: The Best Kept Secret In Litigation. Presented to the University of Dayton School of Law, September 2015.
- What’s an Employer to do? Workers' compensation, FMLA, ADA, VSSRs, and OSHA. Presented to the Dayton Bar Association, December 2014.
- Fall Protection under OSHA and Ohio Specific Safety Requirements. Presented to the Champaign County Safety Council, August 2013.
- Complex Medical Issues in Workers Compensation. Presented to the National Business Institute, October 2012.
Keeping OSHA in the Loop
April 26th, 2018
OSHA's Silica Dust Standards: First Construction, Now General Industry
January 8th, 2018
When State and Federal Regulations Collide
July 18th, 2017
OSHA News Alert - The New Silica Dust Standard
June 13th, 2017
New Requirements for Self Insured Employers
January 29th, 2010
Requirements for Self Insurred Employers
January 29th, 2010
New Medicare Rules Impact $15,000
January 29th, 2010